Slow Cooker Taco Chicken Soup
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (16 oz) can of corn
- 3 whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (16 oz) can chili beans
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans
- 1 (1.25 oz) package taco seasoning
- 1 (8 oz) can tomato sauce
- 2 (10 oz) cans diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- shredded Cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- crushed Doritos (optional)
Mix in slow cooker, onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
Add in taco seasoning, stir well. Place chicken breasts on top of the mixture and press down until slightly covered by the mixture.
Set slow cooker on low and cook for 5 hours.
Remove chicken breasts from the soup, allow to cool long enough to be handled.
Shred chicken breast and return to soup.
Continue cooking for 2 hours.
Top with shredded Cheddar cheese, sour cream and crushed Doritos (if desired.)
Best Selling Cookbooks on Kindle and Hardcover