How to make Delicious Clam Chowder
- 3 (6.5 ounce) cans minced clams
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup minced onion
- 2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 cup diced celery
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 quart half-and-half cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
In a large skillet add onions, celery, potatoes and carrots.
Pour juice from clams over the vegetable mixture.
Add water to cover. Cook over medium heat until tender.
Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
Whisk in flour until smooth.
Add cream to flour mixture stirring constantly until thick and smooth.
Heat thoroughly, do not boil.
Best Selling Cookbooks on Kindle and Hardcover