How to make Jalapeno Chicken Caribbean Salad
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 cup teriyaki marinade sauce
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3/4 pound mixed salad greens
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 4 cups corn tortilla chips
Place the chicken in a bowl, and cover with the teriyaki marinade sauce. Place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Mix the tomatoes, onion, jalapeno pepper, and cilantro in a small bowl. Cover salsa, and refrigerate.
Mix the mustard, honey, sugar, oil, vinegar, and lime juice in a small bowl. Cover dressing, and refrigerate.
Preheat the grill for high heat.
Lightly oil grill grate. Discard marinade, and place chicken on the grill. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes on each side, or until juices run clear.
Place mixed salad greens on plates. Top with some salsa over each salad, and sprinkle 1/4 of the pineapple chunks. Break tortilla chips into chunks, and place on salads.
Lay grilled chicken strips on each salad. Drizzle dressing over each salad, and serve.