How to make Cajun Style Chicken Pasta
- 4 ounces linguine pasta
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, sliced into thin strips
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
Bring a large pot water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, drain.
Toss chicken and Cajun seasoning in a bowl till coated.
Saute chicken in butter in a large skillet over medium heat, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Add green and red bell peppers, sliced mushrooms and green onions, then cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
Reduce heat and stir in heavy cream. Season the sauce with lemon pepper, garlic powder, salt, basil and ground black pepper, and heat through.
Mix linguini with sauce in a large bowl and sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.